Today most of the people lacks creativity and sharp mind, and it’s a major concern for school going children and collegians. Due to this disability, they easily gets distracted while doing some crucial task, score low in exams and sometimes loses control on themselves. So,this article shares some practical tips for those people who want a sharp and creative brain to fulfill their desired dreams.
- SLEEP – Sleep for a fixed period of time everyday. Don’t sleep for more than 7 hours because it makes the brain lethargic, and try to wake up as early in the morning as possible.
2. Start your day with drinking 2-3 glass of lukewarm water and 10-15 minutes of meditation along with some yoga. But, meditating normally is quite boring and feels useless, so use the app Headspace to the fullest as it will help you to acquire a habit.
3. Eat these three most healthy foods in the morning : Milk, Chavanprash and Dry Fruits( soaked in water), I have named them the omega 3 capsules.
4. Learn deep breathing, as it leads to more oxygen supply to the brain, which means better function-ability.
5. Start debating, it helps one to improve their memory and cognitive skills.
6. Learn Vedic Maths, it will help you to reduce your calculation time and train your brain for multiple tasking.
7. Solve a Puzzles book every month, start with basic low-level books and reach an advanced level slowly. You can download books from the internet for free.
8. Listen to audiobooks. Try to listen highest rated novels and autobiography of great personalities, as it helps one to develop listening skills and new neural pathways. If you can afford to buy audio-books then download Audible, or just download some free audio-books from internet.
9. Read new and interesting content from free apps like Quora, Stumbleupon, Reddit , Pintrest etc.
10. If possible, master one music instrument. It helps one to develop a lot of new neural connections, Tabla and Harmonium are two of the most useful and easiest instruments for developing connections.
11. Try to learn a foreign language, you can start learning Sanskrit, French or German, but I would prefer tough languages like Russian and Mandarin, as they will force your brain to develop new neural networks. You can learn them from various online websites or free apps like Duolingo.
12. Learn photography, either using phone or DSLR or using both. It gives training to the creative muscles.
13. Learn new software skills Python, Java, Video editing or Photoshop, because new skills creates grey matter in your brain.
14. Learn from the past, Read ‘The Art of war’ and ‘ChanakyaNeeti’.
15. Avoid making timetables. It discourages you from trying new things and makes life mundane. But you must prepare a ‘to-do-list’ for your day and reward yourself after completing all the tasks, it will help you to avoid clutter and confusion in the brain.
16. Keep Sunday’s specially for sketching and painting, it helps a lot to develop the creative side of the brain.
17. Use social media apps like FB, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter to your advantage. Subscribe to the most intelligent people present on the same platform and read about their growth, Innovations and success, He/She could be your friend you got selected in IIT or NIT.
18. Learn driving a car or a bike, it will help your brain to focus and concentrate.
19. Attend Parties and Social events with your friends and family, it will help you in uplifting your own box.
20. Learn to repair things by yourself, you can start simply by repairing your old mobile phone ,then you can step towards impared things such as fans, refrigerator or your furniture. It forces the brain to stand/think and deliver.
21. Think about your daily life problems and their solutions. Paste a sheet in your room and write new ideas on it, it will help you to become more creative. You can take help of most lazy person around you, they can give you simplest way to solve any life problems.
22. Listen to the top 100 TED TALKS of all time, it makes you more aware.
23. Play mind games online or in apps like LUMOSITY to improve your cognitive skills.
24. People interested in Science and Technology can try to build projects like Quadcopter, Go Kart, Hoverboard, 3d Printer, Hand gestures machines or simply racing cars. It helps to develop a technical acumen.
25. Don’t watch porn. If you are already a porn addict then reduce it as soon as possible.
26. Voraciously read best novels of all times, it will help you to build your vocabulary. You can also use apps like Mangoosh , Power Vocabs and Penny dells crosswords.
27. Write – writing is the best exercise for your brain, it forces you to think and create new content and makes you more creative and intelligent. You can start it by opening a new blog and start blogging.
28. Solve Rubik’s cube and crosswords – helps to stimulate neurons and improves pattern recognition
29. Master JEE level Physics and Mathematics or any subject of UPSC level – it helps to improve IQ and problem solving skills.
30. Participate in Cyber Olympiads or any Olympiads at national level or international level.
31. Fast once a month – it will flush out toxins from your body and brain.
32. Watch the videos of the Navy Seals and Army training – it will help you learn key skills which let you learn key skills which let the army personnel achieve great mental stamina.
33. Avoid such people who discourages you from trying new things and taking risks. Just flush them out.
34. Travel whenever you get time– travelling lets you meet different people across the globe and new things from them. Some must travel places in India are Yumthang Valley, 7 sisters of India, Union Territory of Ladakh etc.
35. Use Jealousy as a positive tool. Make a list of people you consider more intelligent than you and in which aspect. Keep your fire burning and beat such people at their own game. It will help your brain achieve mental satisfaction and peace.
36. Get a full head massage every 5-6 days, using Almond oil or Coconut . Ask your mom or sister or you wife to massage your head.
37. Learn to trade in stock market – it will help your brain get faster at mental calculations.
38. Most importantly – Start taking Risks. Be it small ones or big ones. Taking risks releases dopamine to the brain,which is a “feel good about yourself” chemical.
I know that these all looks weird, but these things helped me a lot and I am practicing them since 5-6 months. I got these information online from various websites 6 months ago, and I implemented them on myself and found them extremely vital. Now, its your turn to get familiar with them and I guarantee you will become a whole new personality after successfully implementing these tips in your life.
~ KUNAL JAYSWAL