Weather you’re trying to impress your girlfriend/boyfriend or aiming to become a professional body builder, everyone dreams to get a 6 pack abs.
But, you have to do lots of hard work to acquire the 6 pack abs. Furthermore, you have to be dedicated towards your diet and committed towards your daily exercise routine.
However, it doesn’t mean that you have to hit the gym everyday and do workout for 2-3 hours. You can achieve your fitness goals at your home too, it just requires slight changes in your diet plan, the lifestyle and the exercises you practice at gym.
Here you are going to read about ABS’s significance, their functions, how to make it stronger or how to build it and a healthy diet plan which could help you to acquire your goals.
WHAT IS RECTUS ABDOMINIS MUSCLE (ABS)
Rectus Abdominis Muscle, or famously known as ABS, is a paired muscle runs vertically inside the abdominal region. It is clearly visible in the people who have low body fat. They are classified as 2,4,6,8 and 10 packs. 6 packs are most common among the people.
The main function of this muscle is, it helps in maintaining a good body posture by stabilizing our torso. Everything that you do; bend, stand, walk, sit, abs play an important role in it.People having strong abs can lift more weight as compared to the people who have no abs , as abs act like a natural belt and provide spinal support by flexing the spinal cord or trunk of the body.
- Plank is one of the best versatile exercises in order to improve your posture and develop your rectus abdominis.
- There are several types of planks for core strengthening that you can do at your home without any gym instruments like Side plank, Side plank with abduction, Reach plank, Side plank leg raise, Rocking plank and few more.
- If you are an athlete this exercise will surely improve your sports performance.
- Crunches, especially abdominal crunches, are highly effective exercises in order to tighten the core.
- Also, this exercise is very effective to burn the calories in our body. Professional gym trainers believes that doing crunches for half an hour can burn 300 of calories.
- Lastly, crunches is one of best exercise in order to improving the body posture.
- Reps 30 each of 4 sets
There are various types of crunches that you can perform at your home:
- basic crunches
- reverse crunches
- knee crunches
- long arm crunches,
- cross crunches and more.
- Jackknife exercises are designed to tighten and strengthen the upper and lower core muscle,i.e. rectus abdominis muscle.
- Jackknife too has several variants but the one which is the most effective is ball jackknife exercise.
- Reps 30 to 40.
4. LEG RAISE
- Leg raise exercise can strengthens your lower rectus abdominis.
- Floor leg raise can burn fat in your lower abs whereas hanging leg raise target both upper and lower abs.
- Apart from this, this exercise improves the flexibility of hips area and also it enhance balance and stability of your whole body.
- Reps 30 to 40.
5. RUSSIAN TWIST
- This core exercise is also one of the most effective exercise in order to burn the calories faster.
- It strengthens the rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques.
- Improve the balance.
- Reps 40 (each side 20)
6. ROPE CLIMB
- Rope climb is a type of crunch which will charge up the lower rectus abdominis.
- In this exercise, don’t lift the body with your pelvis rather try to give pressure on your core.
- Reps 30 to 40
- Bridge exercises strengthens your upper abs.
- It will improve your posture.
- Increases flexibility.
- Reps 40
8. BIRD DOG
- This exercise engages core and back muscle at the same time.
- It improves the stability and relives low back pain
- Reps 40 to 50(each side 20 to 25)
9. DRAGON FLAG
- Dragon flag exercise is the best exercise to test your core or rectus abdominis.
- It tests your both upper and lower abs.
- Reps 10 to 15.
10. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- It builds the core strength especially abs.
- Mountain Climber is a great exercise as it helps in improving and building cardio endurance.
- Reps 20 to 30(each side 10 to 15)
The most important thing to remember while doing these exercises is a balanced diet plan. It could break or make up your ABS within a month, you have to dump sweets, oily and junk foods, they are more dangerous than cancer causing elements. And finally you have to eat protein rich foods for muscular development, low calorie intake, stronger tendons and faster recovery from injuries and to gain more strength for your workout.
If you don’t know how to manage your diet plan, then don’t worry, we have built a diet plan for everyone. Based on your food preference ( VEG/NON-VEG ), you can follow the diet plan and easily realize positive changes in your body within a month.
Read this article to get a diet plan for yourself:
Thank you for reading this article,